Application for PROJECT COORDINATOR, RESOURCE MOBILIZATION & PROGRAMME DEVELOPMENT16 March 2023
CARICOM REGIONAL ORGANISATION FOR STANDARDS AND QUALITY
TERMS OF REFERENCE
PROJECT COORDINATOR, RESOURCE MOBILIZATION & PROGRAMME DEVELOPMENT
The CARICOM Regional Organisation for Standards and Quality (CROSQ) was established in 2002 by a Caribbean Community (CARICOM) treaty as an Intergovernmental Organisation. CROSQ’s main objectives are the development and harmonisation of standards, metrology, mutual recognition of accreditation and certification systems and facilitation of the achievement of international competitiveness of regional goods and services produced and provided in the Community. Since the inception of CROSQ, the focus has shifted over the years from regional standards development and standards harmonization throughout the region to the development of the basic regional quality infrastructure architecture and equivalence.
The Project Coordinator, Resource Mobilization and Programme Development is primarily responsible for expanding and managing the portfolio of quality infrastructure related projects to be administered by CROSQ and source resources, financial or otherwise, to effect same. The Project Coordinator is expected to work in close collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer.
The objective of the Resource Mobilisation Function is to explore and source opportunities for technical assistance and donor funding for the provision of quality infrastructure solutions to ensure the sustainability of CROSQ’s portfolio of programmes and projects to facilitate CROSQ achieving its mandate; and addressing QI requirements of CARICOM member states.
The objective of the Programme Development function is to identify, formulate, implement and evaluate a portfolio of programmes and/or projects so as to ensure attainment of the organisation’s mandate.
(a) Networking, forging relationships and maintaining links with relevant institutions and donor
agencies for synergistic programme and project development purposes.
(b) Identifying relevant project opportunities, organizations and collaborating agencies based on the
need for quality infrastructure solutions and technical assistance.
(c) Researching potential donors and income generating opportunities with the intention of identifying
areas for project support and collaboration.
(d) Writing and developing project proposals and converting them into organizational projects with an
appropriate resource base to farm out to Project Officers.
(e) Managing the project life cycle to include but not limited to:
1. Managing the initiation, planning, executing, monitoring, control, closeout and evaluation of projects;
2. Managing stakeholder relationships;
3. Developing logframes, work breakdown structures, project schedules and budgets, procurement plans, contracts and risk management plans and administering same;
4. Assisting in the preparation, review and approval of Terms of Reference (TORs) for the identification and then the selection of consultants for hire within projects;
5. Managing project consultancies on behalf of the CROSQ Secretariat or with beneficiary Member States;
6. Ensuring that goods and services are procured according to the relevant CROSQ and donor policies, rules and procedures;
7. Coordinating the development of relevant project activities in member states;
8. Ensuring smooth, timely and accurate flow of information between CROSQ, donors, partners and stakeholders within the framework of the agreed activities;
9. Preparing progress reports for submission to the CEO, CROSQ Council, donors and project partners as required;
10. Undertaking periodic evaluations of project activities and assist in project reviews as appropriate;
11. Ensuring that project expenditures are aligned to approved project budgets.
12. Ensuring compliance of all project activities with relevant administrative and financial requirements of the donor and CROSQ;
13. Ensuring that lessons learnt during the implementation of the programme are captured, documented and disseminated among member states;
14. Liaising with relevant persons in the resolution of day-to-day administrative and operational problems;
15. Identifying project risks and related mitigating strategies, and proposing alternatives where necessary;
16. Representing the projects and promoting their objectives and CROSQ in regional and international arenas;
17. Reporting to the CEO, CROSQ on programme and project activities.
(f) Performing such other reasonable duties as may be assigned by the CEO, CROSQ.
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements
(a) University degree in Natural Science, Applied Science, Physical Sciences, Economics, Business Administration or relevant discipline
(b) Certification in Project Management.
(a) At least five (5) years’ experience in managing projects
(b) Experience in working in a development cooperation or donor-funded environment (asset).
(c) Experience in project proposal writing, negotiating and contracting projects with donors
a) Experience working in an intergovernmental/multi-cultural organization would be an asset
b) Advanced degree is an asset
c) Knowledge of standardization, metrology, accreditation and conformity assessment is an asset
d) Good verbal and written English is required; working knowledge of another regional language is an asset
e) Proven ability to work effectively with diverse cross-functional teams
f) Proficiency in the use of contemporary computer-based applications including Microsoft Project is an asset
g) Ability to communicate effectively at all levels including senior management
h) Excellent analytical and assessment skills
i) Excellent attention to detail
Reporting Relationship: Chief Executive Officer
Positions Supervised: None
Principal Organisation Relationships:
Chief Executive Officer
National Standard Bureaus
Consultants and experts working with CROSQ
To apply, please email your Application letter and CV or Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For the attention of Heather Wilson, using the caption Project Coordinator, Resource Mobilization
and Programme Development
The closing date for applications is March 20, 2023