Press release; Developing the 10IEC standards into National Standards06 October 2021
In September 2020, the Suriname Standards Bureau (SSB) received a letter from the National Electrotechnical Commission (NEC) regarding a proposal to adopt ten standards from the International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC).
The purpose of adopting the aforementioned standards is to develop National Standards that protect consumers, provide guidance to installers and provide importers/distributors with the minimum requirements for safe electronic equipment on the market.
After successfully completing the adoption process, the Suriname Standards Bureau hereby announces that pursuant to Article 5 of the Standards Act (SB2004, no.121, as last amended by SB2012, no.42), and the decision of the Minister of Trade, Industry, and Tourism of August 1, 2012, no.1177, as of September 23, 2021, the following National Standards have been established, namely:
- SSB CISPR 14-1 “Electromagnetic compatibility - Requirements for household appliances, electric tools, and similar apparatus - Part 1: Emission”
- SSB CISPR 14-2 “Electromagnetic compatibility – Requirements for household appliances, electric tools and similar apparatus – Part 2: Immunity – Product family standard”
- SSB IEC 60335-2-95 “Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-95: Particular requirements for drives for vertically moving garage doors for residential use”
- SSB IEC 60335-2-102 “Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-102: Particular requirements for gas, oil and solid-fuel burning appliances having electrical connections”
- SSB IEC 60335-2-103 “Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-103: Particular requirements for drives for gates, doors, and windows”
- SSB IEC 60669-2-1 “Switches for household and similar fixed electrical installations -Part 2-1: Particular requirements - Electronic control devices”
- SSB IEC 60335-2-109 “Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-109: Particular requirements for UV radiation water treatment appliances”
- SSB IEC 60335-2-84 “Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-84: Particular requirements for toilets”
- SSB IEC 60335-2-98 “Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-98: Particular requirements for humidifiers”
- SSB IEC 60730-1 “Automatic electrical controls - Part 1: General requirements”
These National Standards are for sale from October 23, 2021. *
*Ask for the conditions.
- END OF MESSAGE -
For more information, please contact the Suriname Standards Bureau (SSB).
Contact person: Mr. Tanwir Hassankhan (Head of Standards Development).
Available by phone on 499928/29 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.